We’re Cone. We’re passionate about small businesses and we believe that although it is challenging to build a business, keeping on top of your finances shouldn’t be.
We believe that it isn’t just filing taxes and knowing your debits and credits. It’s about working with ambitious entrepreneurs who need help with the financial side of their business.
Helping them on their journey and building a service that will impact hundreds of entrepreneurs, designers, content creators and other professionals who just want to run their business without all the financial jargon and hassle.
We’re looking for someone who’s excited to work as a team and help small business owners of different backgrounds and experiences to achieve their goals.
As a client manager, this is the role for you if you're looking to deliver great service to our clients and build a rapport and reliable reputation. You will be managing client deadlines, ensuring that work is completed on time and that client expectations are managed and met.
You will also be required to collaborate and work with others in the team to ensure that this happens. Managing your workload, deadlines and client happiness while deepening your learning and development.
Your studies will be supported with full-day release and exam support for your level and we are ideally looking for someone who at least has completed their Level 3 AAT, may be partway through their Level 4 AAT or have completed that and started onto their chartered studies with ACCA or CIMA. Please note we are not able to support ICAEW/ACA progression.
It’s a full-time position - one with Flexi working and remote. We are ideally looking for someone within Southampton area as you will be required to travel in for co-working sessions, your tuition, team events and team training sessions.
We will give you the gear, team and training to succeed and achieve your goals. All we ask is your dedication and commitment to be the best you can be.
What you’ll do
Here are some of the things you would be expected to do. You will not be expected to master all of these from the start but improve with practice and training.
- Reconciling client bank accounts and reviewing for irregularities and errors
- Coding and allocating client purchases and receipts
- Preparing, drafting and reviewing VAT returns
- Preparing, drafting and reviewing Payroll
- Sales invoice reconciliation
- Fixed assets reconciliation
- Client management over meetings, phone calls, emails, and video calls
- Prepare management accounts packs
- Assist the Finance Directors/Lead Advisors in controlling the finance function
- Delivering training to clients for software products such as Xero
- Manage junior members of the finance function, both client-side and Cone side
- Minor admin tasks (forwarding scanned post, HMRC authorisations, etc.)
- To be a brand ambassador championing the Cone brand with networking within the industry and building an online profile
We Would Love You To Have*
- An interest in technology and business.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience using Xero and/or Receipt Bank
- Experience using Taxfiler, or other accounts and tax production software
- Strong client communication skills - email, phone and face to face.
- A good organiser and can manage your time well.
- You have ideally had 2-3 years experience in the accounting industry already.
- AAT Level 4 training, or AAT level 4 qualified, or partway through ACCA/CIMA
We Need You To Have*
- The willingness to learn and become the best version of yourself.
- A desire and passion for becoming a fully qualified Accountant with purpose.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and holds their work to high standards.
- Comfortable working with others to deliver an amazing service and meet deadlines.
- Comfortably know your way around a computer.
- Right to work within the UK without sponsorship.
*please feel free to apply if you don’t perfectly match the requirements above, these are merely a guide.
Perks & Benefits
- The Cone Workation. One of the perks of working at Cone is that we take an annual workation, where we all go to away together to connect, work, learn and ask ourselves, how can we improve as a company. From ways to add to our client experience to how we can make a positive impact on the environment.
- 22 days + bank holidays. Yes, that’s right, two more than the average amount of holiday days.
- Remote working. Another huge mutual trusting benefit is that you work from home. Although there will be group meetups and collaborative working, your essential equipment will be provided.
- Flexi working. Talking of the working set up, flexible working is available.
- 36 hour work week. No 40+ hour work weeks here.
- Access to ‘Perks for Work’. A place where you can get discounts and offers for restaurants and other lifestyle purchases.
- 2 Charity Days. We love it if you support a charity here at Cone and we want to support you with that. So you are given 2 days in which you can work with a charity of your choice.
- Workplace pension. 3% and 5% standard contributions towards your future retirement plans.
- Self-development budget. We want to support you in being the best version of yourself, so you receive a self-development budget.
- Self-development road map. This is where we sit down with you and help you plan towards setting your goals. We also have regular 1-1’s to map progress.
- Social events. (team lunches, evenings out, co-working days)
- Stationery budget. You are also given a budget to spend on the stationery of your choice.
- Career progression. We want to help you move forward in the company as your learning and expertise expands.
- Training progression included. We want to invest in you as you invest in us. There is a training progression plan and training included.
Salary Expectations and Getting Started
We like to be upfront and open with our salaries here at Cone. Competitive and fair compensation for your time and dedication is important to us and we review performance and salary regularly as your skills and expertise develop.
Salary for this role is between £19,000 and £25000 per annum paid monthly. Please note that this salary range is dependant on existing experience and stage of studies.
The Interview process is first of all by a 2-minute recorded video explaining why you think you would be a great fit for the job. From there, we will have a video call via Google Meet that would be booked in.
We cannot wait to hear from you. 😃
Please note that although this is a remote work from home position, you must be able to get to the interviews and if successful, you are required to travel to any Cone related meetups. This will not be reimbursed. As such, we will primarily be looking for the right candidate around the Southampton / Winchester area as training, meet ups and tuition will all be delivered locally. As skills are developed, remote working from further afield would be available. You will also be required to have a strong, stable Wi-Fi connection as majority of your work will be completed via a laptop.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.