Hey, we are Cone, we’re an alternative accountancy firm for creative entrepreneurs.
We are firm believers of a work-life blend. That's the lifestyle we live. And that's the message we instil in our clients and team.
And now, we are looking for an additional Accounts Assistant to join the team.
We’re looking for someone who’s excited to work as a team and help small business owners of different backgrounds and experiences to achieve their goals.
We are looking for a high vibe person, who is currently studying for their Level 4 AAT qualification or has completed this.
But having an awesome personality and enthusiasm are very important things too.
We want you to grow with Cone as you progress throughout your career and will continue to offer you a study support package on to ACCA in the future.
Here are some of the things you would be expected to do. You will not be expected to master all of these from the start but improve with practice and training.
- Reconciling client bank accounts and reviewing for irregularities and errors using Xero
- Coding and allocating client purchases and receipts using Dext Prepare
- Preparing VAT returns
- Preparing and drafting Payroll
- Sales invoice reconciliation
- Fixed assets reconciliation
- Running and preparing payroll
- Payroll reconciliations
- Data entry and collection
- Assist the Client Managers in controlling the finance function
- Delivering training to clients for software products such as Xero
- Minor admin tasks (forwarding scanned post, HMRC authorisations, etc.)
- To be a brand ambassador championing the Cone brand with networking within the industry and building an online profile.
We Would Love You To Have*
- A minimum of 1 year working on Xero/Dext or similar cloud accounting software.
- An interest in technology and business.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong client communication skills - email, phone and face to face.
- A good organiser and can manage your time well.
We Need You To Have*
- Your AAT Level 4 qualification, or currently working towards this.
- A minimum of 2 years working in the accounting/bookkeeping profession.
- The willingness to learn and become the best version of yourself.
- A desire and passion for becoming a fully qualified Accountant with purpose.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and holds their work to high standards.
- Comfortable working with others to deliver an amazing service and meet deadlines.
- Comfortably know your way around a computer.
- Right to work within the UK without sponsorship.
*please feel free to apply if you don’t perfectly match the requirements above, these are merely a guide.
Perks & Benefits
- The Cone Workation. One of the perks of working at Cone is that we take an annual workation, where we all go to away together to connect, work, learn and ask ourselves, how can we improve as a company. From ways to add to our client experience to how we can make a positive impact on the environment.
- 22 days + bank holidays. Yes, that’s right, two more than the average amount of holiday days.
- Holiday Bonus Program. We offer additional day's holiday for each year spent at Cone after being with us for at least 2 years.
- Remote working. Another huge mutual trusting benefit is that you work from home. Although there will be group meetups and collaborative working, your essential equipment will be provided.
- Flexi working. Talking of the working set up, flexible working is available within core working hours (Monday - Thursday 10-4, Friday 9-12)
- 36-hour workweek. No 40+ hour work weeks here.
- Christmas Closure. We shut over Christmas usually for between 2 and 3 weeks when we come back in the new year. This is time off on top of your bookable holiday, above.
- Access to ‘Perks for Work’. A place where you can get discounts and offers for restaurants and other lifestyle purchases.
- 2 Charity Days. We love it if you support a charity here at Cone and we want to support you with that. So you are given 2 days in which you can work with a charity of your choice.
- Workplace pension. 3% and 5% standard contributions towards your future retirement plans.
- Social events. (team lunches, evenings out, co-working days)
- Stationery budget. You are also given a budget to spend on the stationery of your choice.
- Career progression. We want to help you move forward in the company as your learning and expertise expands.
- Training progression included. We want to invest in you as you invest in us. There is a training progression plan and training included.
Salary Expectations and Getting Started
We like to be upfront and open with our salaries here at Cone. Competitive and fair compensation for your time and dedication is important to us and we review performance and salary regularly as your skills and expertise develop.
Salary for this role is between £19,500 and £23,000 per annum paid monthly. Please note that this salary range is dependant on existing experience and stage of studies.
As a heads up, we would like you to put together a short recorded video explaining who you are and why you are interested in the role. This isn't meant to be something where you recite your CV or read out your covering letter. We want to know who YOU are and what inspires you, what do you like to do and what are you looking for in an employer. From there, we will have a video call with successful applicants via Google Meet that would be booked in.
We cannot wait to hear from you. 😃
Please note that although this is a remote work from home position, if successful, you are required to travel to any Cone related meetups. This will not be reimbursed. As such, we will primarily be looking for the right candidate around the Southampton/Winchester area as training, meet ups and tuition will all be delivered around Southampton. As skills are developed, remote working from further afield would be available. You will also be required to have a strong, stable Wi-Fi connection as majority of your work will be completed via a laptop.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.